Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hungering for the Authentic: Additional Portfolio Pieces (post 2 of 2)

This Powerpoint presentation provides a basic description of 3 Venetian holidays which were celebrated during my stay in Venice.  I have also included information on Carnivale which takes place in the month of February because I have studied many aspects of this holiday throughout my course.  It also provides basic information about the type of food celebrated at each of the festivals.

Venetian Festivals and Holiday Food

This Powerpoint analyzes "Bussola Buranello" which is a traditional Venetian cookie created on the Island of Burano.  It helps to demonstrate the cultural ties associated with this simple dessert by showing its relationship to the sea, to other cultures, and to Venetian holidays.  The majority of the information presented in this Powerpoint was based off of an interview I held with a local pasticceria employee.

Analyzing Bussolà Buranello

No comments:

Post a Comment